Thursday 9 July 2015

La Roche-Posay Review!


Welcome back to my blog, today I thought I would do a review on some skincare products that I've been loving for a while: and that it the La Roche-Posay range. Having suffered with acne for years, I'm always looking for new products to try! I've been using all these products for about 6 months and I've definitely noticed a huge difference in my skin. They aren't miracle workers that's going to make your skin perfect straight away but over time they have stopped my spots looking really red and sore.

La Roche-Posay range.

I didn't do any research before purchasing these products so I didn't really know what to expect from them. But they were on an offer so I thought I'd get three products from the Effaclar range and then a micellar solution. They are slightly more expensive than other acne and skincare products but they do last a long time! I've only just repurchased a new micellar solution after using it at least twice a day for 4 months so the prices that you have to pay is definitely worth it! 

Micellar Solution. 


I thought it would be easier to review these products in the order I use them, so the first product I use is the Physiological Micellar Solution. La Roche-Posay have several different ranges all targeted at different skin types and problems, because I didn't do any research before I bought these products I didn't know that so this product is actually meant for sensitive skin and not blemish prone skin! I tip a medium amount of this on a cotton pad every time I use it so it does last quite a long time. Generally I use this twice a day before I actually wash my face, in the morning to remove any excess oil and in the evening to remove all my make up! It's soap, alcohol, colourant and paraben free so it's gentle enough to use on your face, eyes and lips which I like before I can just use one product for everything. It's really fast at removing waterproof eye makeup and it doesn't sting at all. It doesn't really smell of anything either which I like because sometimes face products can have a really strong smell. For a micellar solution this is slightly more on the expensive side at around £11.00 for 200ml, but boots usually have an offer on their skincare so I make sure I repurchase them just to even out the cost a little bit! Overall I really like this product, it doesn't break me out, I can use it all over my face and it removes all makeup really easily. 


Foaming Gel Cleanser.


The next product I use is the Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel. This gel cleanser is actually from the Effaclar range which is designed to treat blemish prone skin unlike the micellar solution. Again it retails at £11.00 but it does last a lot longer at around 5/6 months. The product itself is a clear gel that lathers really well when you massage it on your hands with a bit of water before applying it all over your face. This is slightly scented and smells really clean so it isn't an unpleasant scent at all. I really like how it feels on my skin, it doesn't irritate and I haven't had any issue from using this product over the last six months. I use this twice a day and I wouldn't say this is a product that stops excess oil on your face but it does seem to dry out my stops and they now only last about 2/3 days. Also in conjunction with the Effaclar Duo cream it has removed/faded some of the acne scarring I had on my face which is a bonus. 


Astringent Lotion. 


I loved the idea and concept of this product when I saw it in boots. It's a lotion that cleanses and exfoliates the skin to help unblock and reduce the appearance of pores. Personally after trying it for a couple of months this is still my least favourite product out of the four! I apply this to my face using a cotton pad and I gently wipe it over my face avoiding my eyes and lips. As soon as I started using this I noticed that my forehead started breaking out more than usual and it also really stings my face if i use it near my eyes or lips. It has a really strong scent which might be what was causing the irritation to my eyes. At £11.50 its quite expensive to only be able to use it on half my face, but where I do use it, it has seemed to clear my pores a bit. 


Effaclar Duo. 

I've recently seen a lot of love for this product everywhere on social media. I use the Effaclar Duo all over my face in both the morning and evening as my moisturiser. (If my skin is really dry I do use a bit of the simple moisturiser as well.) I love this product, the consistency is brilliant, not to think not too think, it sinks straight into my skin so I don't have to wait ages before I can apply my make up and it really does minimise my spots and old acne scarring! It doesn't have an unpleasant scent either so you really don't notice any different when you've applied your make up! I also really like this because a small amount goes a long way, so it lasts a long time! I'm still on my first tube after 6 months and there still feels like there is plenty in there! At £15.50 I wouldn't say its that expensive for a moisturiser and a spot cream in one because you only really need this product so i do feel it is a reasonable price. 


La Roche-Posay.
Overall I would definitely recommend all these products! If you like the products you're currently using and just want to swap one thing, then I'd definitely try the Effaclar Duo cream first, because you could use it along with the products you're currently using, to see if you notice any difference! I've also recently noticed in boots they do a set which has three products from the Effaclar range, so if you was interested in trying more than one product that might be a cheaper way to try them first in case you don't like them or they don't agree with your skin. 

If you have any suggestions on other skincare products you think I might like then leave them down below in the comments! Thank you for reading.
Michelle xo. 

Links.


No comments:

Post a Comment