Wednesday, 14 October 2015

ADULT COLOURING BOOKS: WORTH THE HYPE?!


I've already featured these colouring books in my September favourites which you can see here, but are these books really worth the hype? I'd seen them popping up in shops everywhere over the last couple of months and I wasn't convinced that they would be relaxing at all. But they really are! 


They are completely different to traditional children's colouring books because the pictures have a lot more detailing, which is probably why they make you relax because you have to concentrate so much on them. I didn't really like colouring in when I was little, I much preferred to be making something or being outside, so I wasn't sure if I would actually like these but I really do. I've even got my mum and nan hooked on them. They do literally thousands of different ones and you can get them almost everywhere, including magazine versions which are slightly cheaper, and they do have a wider variety of different pictures inside, where as the books are more themed. They retails from £4, so they are pretty reasonable and they do last a long time because they do take a while to colour in, especially if you're OCD like me. 


You can use whatever you want to colour these in, I do like to use felt tip pens as you can see from the picture below, but they do tend to bleed over the line so pencils might be a better idea if you get one with a lot of smaller details. 


Obviously you need some colours to use with these books, I got my fine liners, pens and pencils from Whsmith on a 3 for 2 offer so it's definitely worth checking them out if you don't know what you want to use. Whsmiths also have hundreds of different adult colouring books to pick from on their website and some are actually cheaper than they are in store. They even do one just of cats and one of cars. So there are definitely ones for everyone. 


If you have one of these colouring books, leave me a comment down below of which one is your favourite and why you like them! Thank you for reading! 



Other posts you might enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Those coloring books look amazing! I've really been wanting to get myself one or two to try out.

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get my game on with these books! Been wanting one for ages! x

    Chilled Uni vibes over on -
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete